Liberty Elementary School District No. 25 hereby makes a public notice of the opportunity for the residents of the Liberty Elementary School District No. 25 to serve as a member of the Governing Board. Effective March 27, 2017 there will be one (1) available seat on the Governing Board subject to appointment. The available seat will be filled upon the appointment and will serve through December 2018.
Applications may be picked up at the Jerry Rovey District Facility, 19871 West Fremont Road, Buckeye, AZ between 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM, Monday – Friday or by downloading the attached application and the nomination paper Affidavit of Qualification below.
Applications are due Friday, April 28, 2017 by 4:30 PM to the Jerry Rovey District Facility.
Interviews will take place the week of May 8, 2017.
Eligibility requirements to serve on a School District Governing Board:
- Be a citizen of the United States and resident of Arizona
- Be 18 years of age at the time of appointment
- Be a registered voter of the State of Arizona
- Be a resident of the Liberty Elementary School District No. 25 for one year prior to the date of appointment
- Employees of the district and their spouses are not eligible
- Immediate family members of current Board members who have shared the same household in the last four (4) years are not eligible
Qualified residents should be able to attend Governing Board meetings on the second (2nd) Monday of each month, and any other meetings that may be scheduled in order to conduct district business.
The top three candidates will be required to attend the “Nominee Seminar” with the District’s Collaboration Team. Tentative date and time for the “Nominee Seminar” is Saturday, June 3, 2017, 10:00 AM–3:00 PM.
Any questions, please contact Lupita Goodman at 623.474.6600.
Forms Available for Downloading:
Application for Governing Board Member Vacancy
Affidavit of Qualification